Wake Park Blog > Covid - 19 Customer Information
Covid - 19 Customer Information
Our Roadmap to Opening
As the country continues its efforts to battle the spread of Covid-19, we have been looking closely at the government's roadmap to opening businesses and what that means for us in the outdoor industry and in turn our customers.
We have been proactively liaising with international bodies and organisations from the outdoor industry to seek out best practices.
We have actively been communicating and training our staff members digitally to deliver outdoor products in a whole new landscape.
We have also taken physical steps in preparation across both our activity sites to allow all staff and visitors to enjoy the outdoors and the experiences we offer assured that we are doing everything possible to promote public health and safety.
According to current knowledge, transmission occurs mainly via respiratory secretions, primarily droplets, for example when coughing and sneezing.
In response to this we are promoting the idea of a "personal sense of responsibility" alongside the national guidelines of encouraging
Regular washing of hands.
Covering your mouth if coughing or sneezing.
Avoid touching your face and
Keep a safe distance between you and others.
To support these measures, we have increased signage, sanitizer facilities and dispensers as well as incorporating social distancing measures through each step on a customers journey throughout the site and activities.
Ballyhass Badge: COVID 19 Designed product
This badge that will be prominent on all Ballyhass products going forward is an assurance mark to indicate that the activities have been designed with Covid-19 safety to the fore. All products we now deliver must earn this badge. To do this there is a 10 point checklist criteria and risk mitigation steps all our products go through. This is then cross-checked with the latest HSE and government guidelines.
Each mark bears the date it completed the criteria check and the expiry or requalify date to ensure that we are doing everything possible and in our power to ensure the safety of our staff, customers and the wider public.
Standard operating procedures
Occupancy and Flow
Identify high touch areas
Hygiene and cleaning considerations
The Latest HSE Government guidelines
What to expect
Roadmap to opening
As with the country as a whole, aspects of the site and different activities will open at different stages that have been outlined by the government. If you have any inquiries about what is open when, keep an eye on our social media platforms, sign up for our weekly newsletter here or contact the office firstname.lastname@example.org
- Single participant activities where there is no required contact between staff and customer in terms of personal distancing space as well as activity equipment
- Wakeboarding & Open Water Swimming
- “Micro-communities” Activities that are tightly managed in terms of preparation, capacity and dedicated customer time slots.
- Kayak expeditions and small household group bookings. Weekly progression programs.
- Larger presold bookings with dedicated time slots. A managed paperless check-in. Managed flow of kit up and changing facilities.
- Aquapark in a restricted capacity, Summer Camps
- Full operations in line with new max capacity COVID activities. With new covid policies and procedures in continuing to be upheld.
- Full Ballyhass Covid-19 designed products and full Summer Program of events
- We will be minimising the volume of people on-site at any one time by carefully timetabling activity slots throughout the day.
- Each time slot will have a set capacity so please check your booking and arrive in time for yours.
- To control the maximum numbers in checking in at any one time we will have a clearly marked queuing system as you will be familiar with in supermarkets. Please adhere to the system and we will get you onto activities as soon as possible.
- If you have all your online paperwork complete, during busy hours we will have a staff member manning a fast track check-in outside to further speed up the process
- We have reduced the ratios of participants and staff on our activities at any one time. In turn, creating a fun personable experience in a social distancing safe way.
Other people onsite
- As our sites span dozens of acres there may be several small groups on site. However, each group has its own designated segment of the site to complete their activities under the supervision of one of our instructors.
- This will ensure that groups do not inter-mix and social distancing measures can be responsibly adhered to.
Café & Food Vendor
- We will be operating a one-way flow system that minimises close contact with anyone else.
- Staff members will drop off orders to you, to avoid congregation while waiting for food or beverages.
- A pre-order service is available to collect food after activities / during lunch
- Additional changing rooms are now available onsite
- Changing room capacities have also been updated and are clearly signposted for individuals and households.
The Sites in General
All customers and site visitors are asked to use hand sanitizer at check-in.
Hand sanitizer stations are clearly signposted and are located in key areas or buildings around the site.
Certain areas of the site are closed for maintenance or have been deemed unsuitable for social distancing purposes, we ask that the general public stay clear of these areas.
Some walkways within the site will operate a one-way system as they narrow in places and are not compatible with distancing guidelines, these will be clearly signposted.
In general, all walkways on site will operate with the “rules of the road for walkers”, this means that you should always walk to the right-hand side of other groups that are coming against you.
Please follow any and all staff and signage instructions to help with our efforts to minimise the spread of the virus and to keep the outdoor industry open.
What to Bring COVID-19 Specfic
With that, we ask that you plan your trip and leave early as this will reduce stress as well queuing on check-in and allow us to stick to designated time slots for activities.
All booking information for your group is online and we do not require a hard copy for entry.
Waiver links would have been sent to you and can be filled in online. We do not require a hard copy for entry.
Sanitization stations are now located in all key areas and buildings around the site, however, we recommend that you bring your own hand sanitizer as both our activity sites are vast and you can be some distance away from the nearest station at any one time.
Prepay online or please bring a contactless payment card or phone. Contactless payments have been increased to €50 to make this even more convenient.
Our Café and outdoor hot food vendor are open under new social distancing measures, however, we will not be able to refill water bottles and our water fountains have been switched off. Please feel free to bring your own personal bottles.
The general what to bring document can be found here
The biggest thing we can ask you to bring is your sense of personal responsibility. Not touching your face and washing your hands regularly while adhering to social distancing guidelines are the key tools we have in containing the spread of the virus while onsite.
Staff COVID Training
Staff have undergone rigorous training in regards to basic hygiene and infection control
Upskilled on most recent operating procedures to limit the spread of the virus
Undergo weekly updates on these procedures or government guidelines via online team huddles
Our staff's health is monitored daily to ensure the safety of both our staff and customers
New cleaning staff have been hired and a thorough cleaning schedule is in place across the site.
The same great activities exist at Ballyhass Mallow and Coachford although activities have been modified to encourage social distancing
- Briefing areas are outside
- Participant participation when harnessing and placing activity equipment under the direct supervision of the instructor to minimise/remove the need for contact.
- Fewer participant in any one group
- Staggered climbing on the same activity for non same-household members. Minimising the duration of proximity and overall social distancing on activities.
- Time allocated for hand washing prior to and after the activity session.
- 2020 (0)
- 2019 (0)
- 2018 (13)
- 2017 (19)
- 2016 (15)
- 2015 (23)
- 2014 (16)