Rules & Safety
We are all about riders pushing themselves and learning new tricks. We really want to help advance the sport of wakeboarding in Ireland, and we believe that instilling a good respect of wakepark health and safety is part of that for Ballyhass Wakepark riders.
What you need to bring
- - We can provide you with all the kit you need, we have wetsuits, buoyancy aids, helmets, wakeboards, bindings, and Mystic Battle jackets to keep you warm.
- - You need to bring a pair of flipflops or shoes with you. This is so you can walk safely from the changing rooms to the start dock.
- - We advise you bring your own towel and a pair of swim trunks to wear under your wetsuit.
Always wear an impact vest and helmet
- - Always follow instructions from the operator.
- - Users must be competent swimmers.
- - Users must inform the wake park staff of any disabilities, injuries or health problems.
- - Users must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
When you fall in
Raise your hand in the air for 2 seconds to inform the operator you are okay
- - Swim to the center of the cable and hold onto the handle.
- - Make sure that the rope is not tangled around your body or any body parts.
- - Assume the start position ready for the water start.
Obstacle Rules: Rider Ability
Before you can hit the obstacles you must be able to complete the following wakeboard maneuvers whilst remaining in control of your board:
- - Hold an aggressive heelside and toeside edge
- - Negotiate corners
- - Ollie
- - Turn the board from regular to switch and back
- - Ride switch at least 100m
- - Ollie to switch
Obstacle General Rules:
Using obstacles can lead to excessive wear and damage to your wakeboard
- - Using obstacles may void your boards warranty, check with your local retailer
- - Use of obstacles can cause personal injury, use at own risk